New York, New York

Thursday, July 30 to Saturday, August 1, 2009
While I was packing at the French River for my trip home, Chris was getting on a plane in Buffalo with Terry & Mandy heading to New York city! It was the kid's 13 wedding anniversary and they were celebrating it in New York and asked Mom if she would like to join them!!
It didn't take her long to say YES!! She has been talking about going to NY for some time now.
One of the much anticipated stops was Tiffany's ...........


..............along with Macy's, Rockefeller Square, JC Penny's Grand Opening, etc, etc......

There was a trip to Central Park and drinks at Tavern on the Green.
They stopped in Little Italy for a bite to eat.


I picked up the Crazy Kids from Mandy's Mom on Friday night on my way home from Bass Pro. I got a call late on Friday from Chris saying "I'm okay, but I'll let Terry tell you the story"!!
It turns out that she tripped on a curb in the rain at Times Square and went "splat" flat down on the sidewalk. Terry had a couple of Officers call for an ambulance and the attendants spent 45 minutes with her ensuring that she was okay. They wanted her to go to the Hospital (Bellvue) and she told them NO, that she was going home the next day. Terry thought that they might take an earlier flight out the next day, but Mom toughed it out and shopped all the next day before leaving to catch their scheduled flight!!!!!
They sent me this picture the next morning to reassure me that she was alright. I think she was putting on a game face for me.


They got home early Sunday morning (2:00 am) and Chris and I spent most of Sunday afternoon at Grimsby Hospital and found out that she had broken the upper part of the humerus bone. (We have since found out that she may have a broken elbow as well). The nurses were all coming in and high fiving her for toughing it out to finish her shopping!!


The kids took great care of Mom while she was away and she can't wait to get back to finish her shopping!!

No comments: