Dodged a Bullet!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I was out driving on Monday and noticed that the van was making some peculiar sounds.  I thought it was my transmission acting up, but I checked the fluid and it seemed okay.  On the way home I realized that it was the power steering that was the issue.  I checked the power steering fluid level Tuesday morning and the container was empty!
I called my buddy John Hughes at Canada Motor Car in Cambridge and he said he could look at it right away.  I filled it up with fluid and headed out.
It turns out that the metal high pressure hose had rotted out!  John checked all over and no one had one, so he ordered one for Wednesday morning.  He was good enough to lend me this 2003 Sebring that was in beautiful condition ( a gift for someone special when they turn 16 soon!).

 

 Ron his mechanic noticed that the water pump was also starting to leak so they changed that too.  By Wednesday afternoon I had my baby back in tip top shape.
Thank God that did not happen on the way home a day earlier!
I really dodged a bullet!
Thanks John.

No comments: