John Denver Tribute

Saturday, August 31, 2013

We invited Bud and Mardi to the Walters Family Theatre for dinner and a Tribute to John Denver. 
We got there early and has a chance to enjoy the peaceful surroundings of their property. 





We joined Lynn's friends, Barb, Linda and Al for dinner.  About halfway through the meal, Barb turned to Mardi and said "You said your name was Mardi ......., I'm Barb.......!!!"  
It turns out that Barb and Mardi were best friends at Hagersville High many years ago (we won't say how many :). 

The show tonight was outstanding!  Jim Curry not only sounded like John Denver, but he looked like him too!  I found it to often be very emotional for me. 
One of the highlights for sure was hearing them do Grandma's Feather Bed. 


Another highlight was when they called up Darren Walters to play fiddle with them for Thank God I'm a Country Boy!



It was a great show and resulted in me adding one more stop to my Bucket List.....the John Denver Sanctuary in Aspen, Colorado!

No comments: