Waterford and RibFest

Sunday, August 24, 2014

I tried to ride to Waterford and back today, but ran out of time.  Only made it back to Scotland.  Still a good ride.  Lynn joined me on the way to Mount Pleasant where we had parked the van.  
I love the trails around here, although Scotland to Waterford was gravel which made for a little more slugging.   This is the Black Bridge (which is not black) in Waterford. 


The Waterford Ponds looked like excellent fishing territory.  It was in one of the other ponds here that Lynn's son Allen drowned while fishing 18 years ago. 



I crossed the bridge and had a bite to eat before heading back.   

Lynn was there to meet me in Scotland. 
Logged 38 km today which is my personal best to date.  


A quick shower and we headed out to RibFest in Guelph to see Lynn's cousin (and my fishing buddy) John play.  Lynn's sister Allana and Rudy came along.  
The earlier biking effort helped ease the guilt as we downed a Bloomin' Onion and a Texas Teaser (Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork). 


John's band Kerosene Creek put on a great show (as always).  


Another great day in the books.

No comments: