Our Last Day

Thursday, April 16, 2015

With this being our last day in Victoria we got an earlier start than usual and as we left the building we caught a glimpse of an orange pair of running shoes going by. 
"Hey Ritchie!!".......pretty dapper looking!

We walked downtown and had a great breakfast at the Aegean, this is a restaurant that Ritchie owned and ran 16 years ago.  

Victoria Harbour.   I could sit here all day. What a beautiful place.  Parliament building on the far left. 

We took one of the little tugs for a tour of the Gorge.  It was a neat tour.  The Captain grew up as a kid on the Gorge and had a lot of interesting stories.  

This boat in the harbour is worth $56M.  

I watched these two buskers and got the idea that Doc and I could make a few bucks on the side!

We watched this gentleman carve this soapstone eagle the other day (I think it was in the blog).   I bought it for $20!!

The happy newlyweds :)

It was a beautiful day today and visibility was the best we've seen.  This is Mt. Baker approximately 120 miles away in Washington state. 

I had arranged to meet Wayne Hilts, one of my brother's best friends growing up.  I hadn't seen him since I was 10 years old when Bud got married.  He picked us up and took us to his place in Sidney for a great chat.  

Wayne had pictures of my Dad and the rest of our family, all in neatly organized binders.   His Mom and Dad were like an Aunt and Uncle to me.   He's the first person I've met in a long time that knew my Dad.  It was a great visit other than the fact I couldn't dig up any dirt on my brother.  

He drove us back to the Harbour and we saw this amazing sight on the way to meet Ritchie and Caroline for dinner.  Check out this seal feeding on a bait ball of fish!!  Awesome!!!! One of the most memorable things we've seen on this trip.  

We had a great fair well dinner at the Flying Otter Restaurant at the Harbour Airport complete with Pink Shit!

Evidently this float plane airport is the 5th busiest airport in Canada!

Need I say more!

As the sun set on Victoria and our honeymoon, we reflected on what an amazing adventure we've been on for this last month.  

A big thank you to our graceful hosts Ritchie and Caroline who made this portion of the trip the memory that it was.  

No comments: