Day 5

It's already feeling like retirement. I've spent the last two mornings sitting with my dear wife Chris sitting in the backyard listening to the birds and discussing all the wonderful changes in our life. We stopped by yesterday to greet our M&M kids, Miranda & Maddy after their first day in school. We spent a couple of hours at Battlefield Park, had an ice cream cone at the Stoney Creek Dairy, a favourite haunt of ours when we were going together when I was 15 (25 cent milkshakes!)
I've been going pretty steady trying to tidy up loose ends, meeting my Financial Planner, going to see the M&Ms at Karate. So busy, I missed a lunch date with my buddies today. Tonight I am getting ready to leave tomorrow for four days at Lion's Head with the Trompers, an eclectic bunch of buddies that have hiked the Bruce Trail end to end over the last 20 years.
I checked my favourite message board tonight www.OFNCommunity.com to find that the fishing community lost a good friend. Its kind of strange, I never personally met GaryV, but he was a friend thanks to the virtual highway. His Personal Statement on the board was the following:

If life was simply a bowl of cherries we would probably start looking for the pits, enjoy life, treasure the good times, keep the good memories with you, and whenever possible live your life to the fullest.


Words we should all live by.
Rest in peace Gary.

No comments: