The "Lion's Head Hustle"


Time to start catching up......
I continue to be very busy in my retirement 8O)
I left last Thursday, September 4 to join "The Trompers" for 5 days on their Annual Tromp on the Bruce Trail. This is a group mostly made up of "OLD" Dofasco Sales employees. They have been hiking the Bruce Trail together for the last 25 years and completed the Bruce Trail in 2004. I have been fortunate to have been involved with them since the "Mulmur March" (every tromp has a name) in September of 2002.
The goal this year was to return to Lion's Head to retrace some of the most spectacular trails that the Bruce has to offer. My brother Bud's grandson (my great nephew) Sean joined us this year. He is a seasoned veteran at the age of 14, having already climbed the Inca Trails to Macchu Piccu in Peru in 2007 with his Grandpa!!
The scenery was spectacular, fellowship fabulous, food unbelievable, facilities wonderful and weather co-operative!!
I would like to thank my fellow Tromper friends; Doc, Pete, Bag, Sparky, Dorsal, Sean, "9 Card" Parker and the Tromping Spirit (George) for another great trip and wonderful memories.
You guys are the best!












No comments: