A Marathon Shopping Spree

November 26, 2008
Well today was a big day for Chris and her Mom. The much anticipated opening of the Christmas Tree Shops in Buffalo had finally happened and I had promised to take them over for the day. We crossed the border before noon and had to make our obligatory first stop at the Dollar Store where Mae spent $28 and never finished the last 3 aisles.

Onward to the Christmas Tree Shops.


Now if you remember, thanks to our American friends, Frank & Melody Tennity, Chris had discovered the Christmas Tree Shops in Rochester back in October (see Friends from Florida ). I went in with Chris and her Mom and I was done in about 15 minutes.


I went back to the van and read the paper for about an hour and then put in a DVD I had been waiting to watch, "My Pal Trigger" starring Roy Rogers, Dale Evans and Gabby Hayes that was 79 minutes in length! Finally, after 3 Hours they came out for air!!!!
Chris spent $46 and Mae spent $98


Now I ask you, how could anyone spend 3 hours in one store?????
I know I can spend three hours in a new Bass Pro Shops, but of course that is much different!!

From there we went to Smokey Bones where we enjoyed a great meal and then to Tops on the way home to pick up 39 cents a pound Turkeys.
A short stop at the border where we declared our $200 worth of purchases and we were waived through!!
A great day was had by all.

No comments: