The Girls are Here!

Thursday, January 29, 2009
Merritt and June started the day with a hug. After 50 years they're still goin' strong!


Mae had her morning java out on the porch.


We went over to the Caribbean Beach at Disney to pick up Miranda & Maddy today. The girls checked out a few lids in one of the stores there.


We brought the girls back to Orange Lake because we had promised to take them to the Lazy River. It was raining, but still in the low 70s. No one was there! We had the entire Lazy River to ourselves!!


Old Silver Tongued Rog talked to one of the guys on duty and said "Hey Buddy, just wonderin', since there's nobody here and I have my 92 year old Mother-in-law sitting out under a patio table trying to stay warm and dry watching her great-granddaughters swimming, would it be okay if she sat in one of the cabanas?"
Here she is with Merritt, sitting in one of the $79/day cabanas!!! She had her own TV, phone, fridge and internet access if she wanted to use it.


This is one of my undocumented "50 Things to do Before I Die" things. I've always wanted to go down one of these slides. I talked to the guy at the top and asked if I was "too big" to go down? He said no problem. I asked if you went faster if you were heavy or light? He said the heavier you are, the faster you go. He also said that you would go faster if you laid back while going down. I told him to get out of the way cause there was going to be one hellofa freight train coming through!!
Holy crap!! I went down that thing like greased lightnin'! I flew around the first curve and by the time I hit the second one, I felt like a friggin' bobsled on a run!! My body rolled half way up the second curve and as I tried to regain control I was shot out of the end of the tube to create a frickin' tidal wave!!
Awesome! I went back for a second run that was just as invigorating!
Maddy also went down, but she's a veteran of these things.

Another great day!

No comments: