Busy Day!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Lots happening today. Chris and Mae took off shopping and I took off..........Bass Fishing!!
My good friend Pasquale, the Greeter from Bass Pro hooked me up with another Canadian that also wanted to go Bass Fishing. Kevin Lavers is from Picton and owns Merlin Park Cottages on the Bay. He had already set up a date with our guide Bill Weaver from Ace Bass Guide Service.

We were supposed to go out last week, but it turned out to be the coldest day of the year so we rescheduled for today. They picked me up at the resort and we headed to the Butler chain of Lakes. Fishing is typically slow this time of year, but Bill's contacts had said that Butler was producing.
On the way through the lakes he pointed out a few of the residents.
Shaque O'Neill's humble abode.


You can just make out the golf carts to the left of Tiger Wood's house. It includes his own personal golf course. The picture really doesn't do it justice.


It was really nice to get that Bass smell on my hands again! The first two were caught on Shiners. I hate using shiners, but after I was being blanked and Kevin had landed a couple of nice fish, I said "Where's the Shiners?"


My first fish was a Grass Pickerel (small pike) that got off before I could get a picture of it (nice bright green colours). I then landed the following two fish, both just under 4 Lbs.


My best fish (although it was roughly the same size) was this one that Kevin is holding. Mainly because it was caught on artificial bait (whacky rig.....surprise, surprise!)

We had a some good fishing today, catching about 6 each and had a lot of laughs in the process. Two great guys!

Talked to Terry on the phone today and they spent the day at Epcot.

Merritt & June arrived this evening and we had a good gab session getting caught up.

No comments: