A New Acquisition

Sunday, March 28, 2009
Well in a further expansion of my mind and one of my "50 Things To Do Before I Die", I made a significant purchase on Sunday. I picked up the attached 8 ft. 8 weight fly fishing rod!
It is a saltwater fly rod (perfect for Bass & Musky) and was originally $239. It had been reduced several times and I picked it up for $34.06 after employee discount!!!!! I added a Hobb Creek reel for $26.99 (after discount) and now all I have to do is get it spooled and then get "schooled".



The guys in the fly shop are always joking with me and call me "BUBBA", so this was a real mind bend for them. It didn't help any when I asked them if I should spool it up with Power Pro or Trilene XT!! I have been having a good time with it.
My buddy Michael Wong in the Fly Shop is a National Fly Casting Champion and Certified Fly Casting Instructor. He has graciously agreed to try and tame the lion and teach an old Bubba Dawg a few new tricks!

No comments: