Here Kitty Kitty!

Thursday, April 2, 2009
Some of the boys from Bass Pro went to Dunnville the other day and Jason caught this.....


Last year they caught a bunch of 15 - 20 Pounders. They were going back today so I decided to join them. This is definitely NOT on my "50 Things To Do Before I Die" !! I never, ever thought that I'd see the day I would actually target Catfish, but then again............... I'm broadening my horizons!!!! 8O)
Simon is demonstrating the main technique. You get a long stout rod with heavy line and attach a 2 oz. weight above a swivel. You tie a 12-18" length of Fluorocarbon leader and attach a 6/0 Circle hook to which you add either a piece of cut meat (sucker) or a big gob of worms.


You cast the bait out as far as you possibly can, then you stick the rod in the ground and wait.............. and wait................ and wait................


Here's another setup that Thomas is demonstrating..... a Christmas Tree of worms.


and wait........ and wait................. and wait...........
The most entertaining part of the day was this yellow lab that was jumping into the frigid water for sticks and pestering everybody to throw it again.


And wait........ and wait......... and wait............
We also had a fire that was probably the most exciting part of the day.


Spent most of the day thinking about all the other things I could have been doing.
That was all we had to show for the whole day (unless they caught something after I left).
Been there done it, maybe again next year......................................

No comments: