Pool Day

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Today everyone headed to the pool.  One of the pools by the Registration office, so that Ielene and the girls could play Poolside Bingo.  I donned my bluetooth headset and did an enjoyable 5 mile walk wandering through the resort to get there.  I enjoyed a lot of the efforts of the landscapers along the way.







I finally caught up with the crew.  Ielene had won the $185 pot from Bingo....... along with 4 other winners, so she ended up with around $35............... which had to be divided up amongst the "team" of ladies playing, so they all got about $5.

Here we are soaking up the rays!  That's me with my legs covered underneath the umbrella :)



After the amazing Bingo Victory we all returned to our units to get prepared for dinner.  Tonight would be the Olive Garden.  When I called there was no wait, but by the time we had herded everyone together there was over a one hour wait.
I won't go into detail, but because of my quick thinking and the "charm" that I applied to the staff, "I" managed to get us a table for 10 in just 12 minutes!!
You can see everyone in the photo below proposing a toast to their new hero in tribute to my natural talents and abilities 8O)


Going around the table clockwise from left to right we have Chris (Uncle Buck), Ielene, Don, Leanne, the "Elders" (Andrea and Larry), Norm, Debbie and Cindy.

Uncle Buck was sporting his new "burn"!



Supper was great, but dessert was even better!



....... and the service was exceptional!!!

I know people who would kill for these :)



We then returned to our entertainment unit (not mine :) where the ladies all FaceTimed and FaceBooked, while the guys taught me Five Crowns (between SUGARTIMEs!).  I laid on a beating in the last game!  A great way to retire for the evening!
Another great day with friends!

No comments: