Smooth Sailing

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Had a leisurely morning and finally got underway at 9:30 am.  Temps were in the low 50's F
I was only about 15 miles from I-95, once there its just a straight easy shot to Orange Lake.
Stopped at the Florida Welcome Center where we have always traditionally stopped for our free Florida Orange Juice.



Hit Jacksonville about 1:00 pm so drove through the middle of the city instead of taking the by-pass.



Things were heating up nicely!
 
I arrived at my 2nd home (Orange Lake Resort) around 3:30 pm.  My timeshare doesn't start until tomorrow, so I rented a room in the Registration Building for the night and was rewarded with this spectacular view from my window!



I knew Chris' best friend Carol (and Don Dimitroff) were already here in nearby Davenport, so I gave them a call and we met at Miller's Ale House for dinner.  I can't think of a more appropriate way to have dinner on what would have been Chris' and my 43rd Wedding Anniversary.
We had a great visit and agreed to rendezvous again soon.




No comments: