My First Bus Trip!

IThursday, April 17, 2014
Lynn has always gone on Bus Trips, so this year we booked two trips. Today is our first trip! She books through Bradley Walters Journeys. Brad is a member of the Walters Family Dinner Theatre where I enjoyed so many shows last summer. Lynn has raved about how good his tours are, so this was my first chance to find out.  


That's Darren Walters (the host on our bus) on the left. 


This of course is going to be a challenge for me, as I am so anal when it comes to planning and executing a trip. We were up at 5:00 am and met the bus in Brantford at 7:00 pm.  I found that timing was precise and we had additional pickups in Woodstock and London right on time.  I have been joking that I would be the youngest person on the trip, but we were joined by Brad's sister and husband and their 11 year old son Skylar.  Thank you Skylar (a great kid).  
I thought I recognized a voice on the bus and it turned out to be Frank Pring, a coworker in Metallurgical at Dofasco 20 years ago before he retired. He looked great!
We had an easy passing through customs and made our first stop for lunch at Zia's along the riverside in Toledo, Ohio.  
 

It was a great lunch and run very efficiently for two bus loads of travelers. Back on the road and we made our way to an Outket mall just outside of Dayton. While Lynn made a vapour trail to the stores with her friend Sharon, I spent the hour sitting at a table just enjoying the spectacular weather. 

We made our way to our first overnight stop at the Drury Inn in Cinncinati.  I have heard a lot about Drury Inns and they did not disappoint. They include a reception that suffices for dinner as well as breakfast. 

Since Lynn is a "GOLD LEAF" member we were invited to a private dessert with the Walters Family.  A nice touch and a good chance to meet our hosts. 


All in all, it was a good travel day.  Looking forward to our first show tomorrow. 


No comments: