Renfro Valley - Day 2


Friday, April 18, 2014

After breakfast at the Drury Inn, we hopped on the bus.  My old Metallurgical buddy, Frank Pring and his wife won the draw for VIP for the day!  This entitles them to sit at the front of the bus and be the first off at each destination.  Congratulations Frank!


We made a brief stop at the Kentucky Artisan Center before arriving at the Boone Hotel and Tavern in Berea, Kentucky, our home for the next two days. 


Lynn was greeted at the door by Mr Fred, a fixture at the Hotel. 


We did a quick tour of the town before dinner back at the hotel.  


Berea is home to Berea College (more about that later). 


After dinner we got on the bus and traveled a short distance down the road to the Renfro Valley Barndance, the longest running Barndance since 1939. 


It was Tribute night and he 14 performers  put on a great show!



Yesterday it was Frank Pring that I met after several years.  Today I met a very nice lady named Irene Felker at lunch.  She spent many years in Stoney Creek and I felt that I knew her somehow.  By dinner time the brain cells had done all their re-connecting and I remembered that she was Chris' Mom Mae's sponsor from Cheynne Presbeterian Church, helping her get to church etc.  


I wonder who I'll meet tomorrow??

No comments: